Thursday, March 18, 2010

The "Bestest" Years of My Life


So, this Saturday is our Anniversary.....39 years of marriage and 40 years of being together! I remember when I was a teenager if someone had said they were married for 39 years I was sure I was talking to a relative of Methusela! It seemed like such a long time to be married....how could they be married that long and still be alive? I look back and think how silly those thoughts were.

I love David for so many reasons. He's gone above and beyond to make sure my life was good. He has kept true to all the promises he made me....every single one! Here is a list of the reasons why I love him and look forward to another 39 together....at least!
He's the hardest working man I have ever known.....no exceptions.
  1. He honors his temple covenants.
  2. He loves me and our children more than he loves himself.
    He gives me the best cards with the sweetest sentiments written inside.
  3. He says he'll sleep downstairs if I complain about his snoring....because he wants me to have a good night sleep even if he won't.
  4. He studies and loves the scriptures so he can bless his family with knowledge.
  5. He loves everything that I cook even when it's yucky.
  6. He's creative.
  7. He's humorous.
  8. He's cuddly (yes, Spence, I love a puffy dad).
  9. He's safety from the world.
  10. He's my soulmate.....no one else for me....EVER!
  11. He would sacrifice everything for the people he loves.
  12. He's an amazing provider.
  13. He's the wind beneath my wings and is the reason for my success in life.
  14. He's an adorable "Papa".

I could not have asked for a better life partner.

Thank you for the "Bestest" Years of My Life, David!

I Love You!

4 comments:

C.LEE said...

That is so awesome! Happy anniversary! I hope to be married to Scott that long and longer and be as happy as you two are together!

Jo Murdock said...

I hope you are too, Christy. It's not always perfect but it's about the journey to me. Year by year we grow stronger and better together....the little petty things that used to bother me when we were young.....none of that is the least bit signigicant now. We focus on the bigger picture today. So great and so much easier too!

Melanie said...

Awe, we love you guys so much. You are great examples of making it last. Happy Anniversary!

Auntie Jojo said...

How wonderful! Congrats Guys. You are each blessed for having the other. I love you guys. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!